Monday, July 28, 2008

China Tour 2004

My photos were taken when I was on China Tour 2004 through the East Asian Studies program at my university. I have a major in East Asian Studies and focused on China. I have taken 3 years of college level Mandarin, Chinese Culture, Modern China, and East Asian History. On the tour we visited many different cities including: Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin, Juizaigou, Huangshan, and Chengdu. I also got to see many historical sites such as: The Great Wall of China, the Terracotta Soldiers, Tianamen Square, the Forbidden City, the Leshan Giant Buddha, and many pagodas. I also got the opportunity to visit a regular family in China to see how they lived, visit Peking University, see the Beijing Opera, and take a ride in a rickshaw as well. It was the best trip I have ever taken in my life and I'm hoping to visit there again sometime in the future.

No comments: