Monday, February 16, 2009

Featured Etsy Seller: Kreativlink

My name is Renate Ikinger. I'm female. Born (1966) and raised in Austria, Europe. Well, I'm still here but often I'm dreaming about migrating, living in a little house by the sea ...

I completed business college but at 20 my son was born and I was mostly mother until I was 30. Then I started as a self employed webdesigner/programmer. I loved it, but when the big 40 came, I was more or less finished with it. Yes, the decades seem to play a role in my life ...

Since then, I became more and more a self employed full time crafter. I love making my journals. Books always played a big part in my life, and when I realised I could make them by myself, it was like a miracle! Yes, call me stupid, but that's how it was.
At first I made them in the traditional way, but soon I realised that what really fascinates me are journals that look like they are old. Like things from ancient times, when there where still many secrets to discover and a lot of mysterious things going on ...

Yep, that's me. Oh, and about the decades - I plan to spend the time between 50 and 60 with shopping for supplies all around the world after I win the lottery (One can always hope). And after 60 I will be a crazy girl with purple hair and a lot of fun! :)

8 comments:

Kreativlink said...

How cool to see me featured here! Thanks a lot! :)

glasfaden said...

Renate is simply the best! Love her work & jokes - she always makes me smile :)

ingermaaike said...

The purple glasses she has so the purple hair will match nicely :-D

Anonymous said...

Renate makes very stylish books and is a very talented designer. Great feature!

Greet said...

Great feature of a wonderfull artist!, it really made me laugh :-))

StaroftheEast said...

I love Kreativ's shop, lovely feature!

karuski said...

How lovely read! Her journals are fascinating, I love the touch of old days they have. Very inspiring!

-minna

Mescrap said...

You make such a beautiful journal book here :)