Sunday, July 12, 2009

MNArtists.org

I have recently discovered a site for Minnesota artists called MNArtist.org. It is pretty neat. If you are from Minnesota you can sign up and have a free artist homepage and show your art in a collection. It's really nice too because people can go to the site and search for a specific artist, or they can search for a specific kind of art. I also have the option of listing my Etsy store on my page (which I did). They also have articles, they have a blog, they have a calendar for events, and they also have news and opportunities for locals. The way I found out about the site is actually kind of interesting. My landlord was one of the people who started this site and in the garage my fiance found t-shirts, buttons, bookmarks, and stickers promoting the website. Instead of just letting the items sit in her garage and collect dust I decided I would sign up for the site and continue supporting it and promoting it. I have worn some of the t-shirts, and I have started to send out the bookmarks in my swap packages (I swap on Swap-bot) and on every envelope I send out I now place one of the stickers on the outside so more people will be able to learn about this useful, and unique website that helps support local Minnesota artists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly -
Just stopping in from Swap-Bot : )

You're right . . . http://mnartists.org/ is a great site for promoting art on a state level. I'll have to look around to see if there is a similar site for Pennsylvanians.