Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm Back!

This last weekend I had gone up to the family cabin in Bemidji with my son, grandparent's, my mom and her boyfriend. We all had a really good time. We left on Friday and when we got up there my grandpa took my son on a 4-wheeler ride and the rest of us took a walk down one of our trails. I took my camera in hopes of getting some great photos that I could possibly sell in my Etsy store. On Saturday we went fishing in the morning. It was my son's first time ever being on a boat and he had such a good time. I caught a couple of sunfish from the lake and it was fun watching my son touching the fish and making funny faces because they are so slippery. When we got back to the cabin from fishing we decided to take a trip into town to do some shopping. I really wanted to go to a Native American store that they have up there. I always enjoyed going there as a child. I ended up buying myself and my son some moccasins. We both love them so they were good purchases. After we were done shopping we went back to the cabin, and my mom, my son, and I went on another hike on a different trail before dinner. Sunday morning we decided to go back out onto the lake for some more fishing. I ended up having to use Salami lunchmeat as bait and boy did the fish go crazy for that! I ended up catching about 5 or 6 fish (I lost track!). It was a lot of fun and we would have stayed longer but it was pretty windy out on the lake. I took my son out on another hike when we got back from fishing; it was nice being out in the wilderness alone with him. He's so curious about everything at this age and he's so much fun; I love watching him learn and grow. When we got back to the cabin we started packing up our things before lunch. It's a long trip there and back, it takes about 4 hours each way. Thankfully my son slept for most of the car ride back home (I did too...hehehe). We all had a really good time up there and I'm hoping we will be going back soon.

1 comment:

The Truth said...

I remember the first time I took my nephew on my Sevylor with me the look on his face was priceless. I initially thought he would be scared but he loved it just like your son. It makes the moment even more worthwhile.