Saturday, September 13, 2008

Minnesota Renaissance Festival

The Minnesota Renaissance Festival only comes once a year and it runs on weekends from August 16th to September 28th this year. It also runs on Labor Day and on Festival Friday which is September 26th. It's one of my favorite things to do in Autumn, I haven't gotten the chance to go for the last couple of years. I'm hoping to go again this year though (time is running out). I love the atmosphere there, the food is so good, the entertainment is fantastic, and the shops are filled with unique and diverse items. A must have for me is the beer cheese soup in a bread bowl, it is my all time favorite! I love to go shopping, they have so many different stops featuring so many different kinds of items. I love to get jewelery there, and I also always get some incense. The last time I went there I bought the cutest little hand puppets for my son, one is a knight, one is a horse, and one is a wizard. He just loves them and he plays with them all the time; if I get the chance to go this year I'm hoping to buy him some more. I also think it's really neat how they have themes, they have a different theme for each weekend. The themes this year are: A Silk Road: Discover the Riches (August 16th & 17th), Highland Fling (August 23rd & 24th), Royal Ale Fest (August 30th, 31st & September 1st), Irish Heritage (September 6th & 7th), Wine Gala (September 13th & 14th), Italian Carnival (September 20th & 21st), "Sweet Endings": Chocolate & Romance (September 26th, 27th & 28th). I'm hoping to go during the last weekend, since most of the fair has already passed. I also love how people dress up to go to the fair, someday I hope I will be able to get a beautiful renaissance gown to wear there. It's just so much fun there, hopefully soon you will be reading about how great of a time I had at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival! For more information about the Minnesota Renaissance Festival please visit their site here: http://www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/

No comments: