Saturday, September 20, 2008

My McDonald's Adventure

Well my son and I went and got McDonalds for dinner tonight. While we were in line to order a hornet landed on my windshield and I was like oh crap! I didn't want to roll down my window when there was a hornet out there on my windshield, so I decided I would just turn on the windshield wipers and it would scooch him off and he would fly away. Well it scooched him off and I didn't see him anymore so I rolled down my window and started to order, and while I was in the middle of ordering he started crawling into my car right by my side review mirror. So I quickly rolled up the window, but he got stuck! His feet were stuck in my window so I didn't want to unroll my window because if I did he would be free, and he was MAD. I could see him stinging my window over and over and over again. So when I got up to the window to pay the lady for our McDonald's I put my car in park, unbuckled, and opened the door to pay her. Then I had to explain to her that a hornet was stuck in my window so she wouldn't think I was crazy or anything. Then I had to get back into my car and drive to the next window to get my food where I had to put the car back in park and get out again to get my food from the guy and once again I told him the story about how the hornet was stuck in my window so I wouldn't look stupid. Well he handed me an extra straw and told me to poke the hornet with it to free him, I was like no way because then he will be free and he will sting me! I told the guy that I was too scared, so he told me to hurry and back up my car and then pull forward closer to the window (I was pretty far away from the window because I knew I was going to have to get out and get the food), so I did what he told me to do and he took a napkin and killed the hornet and got him unstuck from my window. I am so grateful to that McDonald's worker because I'm not sure what I would have done. I probably would have waited until the hornet died before I would open the window! I'm such a chicken sometimes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would of saved you from the hornet.