Friday, December 26, 2008

BMI

BMI means Body Mass Index and apparently it can tell you weither you are underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese. All you have to do is type in your height and your weight and it will give you a number which is your body mass index. Then there's a chart that looks like this:

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

The number that you get after you type in your height and weight will fall into one of those categories and it will thus tell you weither you are underweight, normal, overweight, or obese. Sadly my BMI is 27.3 and I am overweight. I've never thought of myself as being overweight, but apparently I am. Please someone tell me that this isn't necessarily accurate information...lol

Here's the website where you can find out your BMI: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

1 comment:

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

It actually isn't entirely accurate. If you have more muscle it tends to overestimate your bmi, less than average muscle it tends to underestimate.
and I'm not just saying that :)