Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorations

Well today my mother and I have taken down our Thanksgiving decorations and have started to unload all of our Christmas decorations. The Christmas tree is now up although it's not decorated yet. Sadly we have to have a fake Christmas tree; our apartment complex doesn't allow us to have a real tree. When I was growing up we always had a real tree and I just loved coming home and being able to smell it throughout the house. I'm looking into getting a candle that will smell like a real Christmas tree, but I highly doubt it will be the same. Tomorrow we plan on finishing the tree and perhaps getting out more of the knick knack type of decorations. I need to clear off our dining room table because my mother has the Dicken's Village houses and she wants to set them up on there. I think it's important to decorate because it helps bring the Christmas spirit into our home and that's important to me because of my son. This is an important season/holiday for children and I want my son to have good memories of the holidays. There's lots more work ahead of us but hopefully it will all look very nice when we're through.

No comments: