Friday, August 8, 2008

2008 Beijing Olympics

Today is the first day of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. In China 8 is a lucky number so having the opening ceremony on 8/8/08 is very lucky. I am currently watching the opening ceremony and I have to say that it's amazing and I'm becoming very jealous of all of the lucky people who are there. I always enjoy watching the Olympics but this is a very special one for me because I have been to Beijing and I have always enjoyed everything about China since I was a little girl. I have always said that I may be American but I have a Chinese heart. Their history is so long and their culture is so rich and I love how they are bringing both aspects to the Olympics, they are truly making this Olympics synonymous with country pride. I hope that the USA wins some medals but I also hope that China wins some as well. I think it would bring a big damper to the Olympics if the host country ended up not winning any medals. I'm sure that China will host the most memorable Olympics yet and I cannot wait to see it all!

1 comment:

ABrushWithHumor said...

I agree, the opening ceremony was amazing. China has such a beautiful and rich history we must look beyond politics and appreciate the country that is home to one fifth of the worlds population!
Thanks for visiting my blog :D
Nothinglikeit!