Sunday, August 3, 2008

Goals

I like making goals for myself. I like making them because not only can I see the progress that I make with things I would like to achieve, but it's easier to motivate myself when I can actually see the results. I start with a list of 10 goals that I would like to achieve. I try to make some long term goals and some short term goals (if I were to make them all long term goals I would end up feeling as though I'm never getting anything done and making no progress). Here's the 10 goals I have been working on since Feb. 7th, 2008:

1) find a job (DONE!!!)
2) make my first ATC (DONE!!!)
3) make it to 100 swaps that I have participated in on Swap-bot (DONE!!!)
4) finish my son's baby scrapbook
5) restart and finish my son's afghan
6) make myself a queen size quilt
7) collect a 9 x 9 inch piece of frabric from all 50 USA states to make my 50 States Quilt
8) get married before I'm 30
9) open up a savings account for my son
10) get my own apartment (atleast move out of my mom's house!)

I'll continue to update this post as I achieve more goals!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on your accomplishments! You inspired me to make a list of my goals.

Namaste.

Cody said...

Good luck! So many bloggers have got me interested in setting some goals, but I'm afraid I'll lose interest too quickly.